Monday, September 21, 2015

Unit 2 Reflection

      In this unit, our class were introduced to the basics of biology. The first section, the topic was about chemistry for biology, in the second section and third section the topic discussed about the carbohydrates and the 4 biggest macromolecules. Finally for the fourth section, enzymes were the topic.
      The first section discusses about activation energy, nature of matter, basis of water, acids, bases, and pH. I learned the difference between solute and solvent as well. In the second chapter, I learned that carbohydrates are both large molecules that include fat and carbohydrates are saccharides. In the third chapter, it discussed about proteins and amino acids, it also talked about nucleotides and more. And as for the fourth section of the unit, I learned about the four structures of proteins and denaturation. The four structures of protein includes: primary, secondary, tertiary, and quaternary structures.
      My strengths in this unit includes the second and third section in which it was about carbohydrates and the macromolecules. My weaknesses are the first section, chemistry for biology, and the last section, enzymes.
      Even though I had trouble with the last section of the unit, I succeeded in the curdling milk lab. I understood the process even more after doing a lab about which helped me very much. I worked well with my teammates in proceeding with the sugar and curdling lab.
      There were no struggles working in collaborative settings. I did not struggle with the video podcasts and I understood the material, but comprehending some details in the lectures put me down. Luckily, we discussed about the section's topics in class which made me stronger in comprehending.
      From these experiences I learned that the best way to study for a test is by quizzing with your friends, family, or by yourself. I also learned that the ungraded quizzes after the lectures can act as a comprehending tool for that specific section. I wonder about the finals that will be coming up in December as well as May.
This is a polysaccharide
How should I study? Will they be difficult? And how do I prepare?

No comments:

Post a Comment