Monday, February 29, 2016

Getting One Step Closer to Curing Color Blind Eye Deficiency #1

1. 20% Time is the amount of time we have to work on the project (Mondays).

2. The essential question that I have asked for the 20 Time Project is, What can lead closer to curing color blindness?

3. For my project I have chosen to research further into making contacts that will help partially cure color blindness and with that, these contacts will help lead to the cure for color blind eye deficiency. I chose this topic because helping others interests me and making technology is one of my passions. My project answers my essential question because the answer is by making a laser-inserted contact.

4. My goals are to find the perfect type of lens for the technology needed to make this assistive device, and to make a good presentation.

5. I will measure my progress by keeping up with this daily blog and adding new things into the presentation that I have just researched.

6. My plan is to make this presentation about my project to help contribute to my Ted Talk that will be produced later on in the school year.

7. I am writing this to help spread out that the technology we have today can help along the road to make a full cure of color blindness. With that, the contacts that I would like to make will replace EnChroma's glasses for the moment.

4 comments:

  1. I really like your idea! Color blindness is something that most people don't is too big of a deal but actually it is so important. It's really nice how you want to help others with your 20 time! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea because there are a lot of color blind people who want to see color again. According to www.colourblindawareness.org, 1 in 12 men and 1 in 200 women are colorblind, which equates to about 4% of a population being colorblind. Maybe you could try to attach the color-lens to a contact and see if it would be possible. I would like to know how these lenses would allow colorblind people to see color again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right on! First off, your blogger page is really awesome. I think that curing colorblindness would be really awesome! Since people who are colorblind are usually affected by multiple colors, would you have like multiple different tints in the contacts? Im interested to see how this works out! Good luck on that ted talk, sounds really cool! Take it easy, Kyle Chidlow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very good idea, Alyssa. Go for it.

    ReplyDelete