Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Unit 4 Reflection

       In Unit 4, we learned about the cell cycle, the different types of reproduction, the significance of chromosomes and how they relate to genes and traits, what Gregor Mendel discovered and his laws, meiosis, and finally punnett squares. This unit was mostly about the importance of sex, and throughout this unit my strengths was of the content in chapter 14 which was mostly about chromosomes. Even though I understood chromosomes, chapter 11 was a struggle for me because there was a lot of information with vocabulary words that I didn't know. From these experiences I learned how to focus on the vocabulary and the definitions of each one which helps build my understanding of this unit. Making the infographic helped me greatly when it came to the specific details from the vodcasts. I want to learn more about meiosis and mitosis (cell cycle) because it is very interesting learning about what the human body does to function.
       After taking the VARK Questionnaire, I received a multimodal learning preference in which the most scored style for me was the Read/Write in which I scored a 9. My results did not surprise me at all because from past experience I studied with different learning styles and altogether I tested the same. Using my reading and writing preference, I can prepare for the unit test by making flashcards and rewriting what I didn't understand. This concludes my Unit 4 Reflection.


1 comment:

  1. Make sure when reading the text you're just focusing on vocabulary from the vodcasts. Sometimes the book may go into more detail that we cover.

    Keep in mind based on your VARK results, that you should really be mixing up your strategies when studying. Don't spend too much time on any one style of studying. Variety is the key.

    ReplyDelete