Monday, March 14, 2016

Getting One Step Closer to Curing Color Blind Eye Deficiency #2

For the past few weeks I have been doing a lot of research on what causes color blindness and what an eye looks like without that deficiency. I started to make a presentation but I soon then realized that making a model would express my 20 time project even more. Last week, I started to make a blueprint for the model. I concluded that I will be making two designs of an eyeball. One design will be a normal vision eyeball and the contents of what it can do to make you see color. For the second design it will be the same size as the other design but inside the model, there will be a display of what makes you color deficient. Right next to that model, there will be a levitating contact lens showing what a laser incision may do to help color blindness. Obviously, the model contact will not look like a laser but it will act as a display. I have been studying what type of contacts I may use. I am still on the fence about it but this is a struggle for me to find out if I want a contact that will be on the eye or inserted inside (laser). Overall, I am on a successful track that will soon lead me to my end product. For the next week, I will be working on the blueprints and I will find out more about different contacts. This concludes my second blog post

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have done a lot of good research! What materials are you using for the model?

    ReplyDelete