Friday, January 22, 2016

Unit 6 Reflection

In this unit, my classmates and I learned about biotechnology, bioethics, and technologies used in biotechnology. Biotechnology is the study and manipulation of living things in order to benefit mankind. In short terms, it is a field that focuses on the comprehension DNA and other things. Bioethics plays a major role in the unit because it is the study of making decisions throughout morals and values the will be used in biology or in technology. Adding on, technology was used in labs that we completed in class. For the gel elctrophoresis lab we used the electrophoresis system to make dye references and dyes that we extracted from candy move across the gel to determine if the candy dye is made up of a certain dye. From this lab I learned a lot more about the technology and the function behind the system and the gel. This link is to the summary in which I created from the lab : http://alyssaleighbio.blogspot.com/2016/01/candy-electrophoresis-lab-questions.html. In the whole unit, my strengths include learning about the recombinant DNA and the technology behind it. Though, my weakness are the diagnostics of biotechnology, I am struggling a little bit with that and also remembering the different technologies that are used in biology. I am reviewing and doing better with my struggles than before, I am proud to say I learned something new. I have no unanswered questions at this point because I study the material in the afternoon and focus on what is ahead of me. I do wonder about the future a lot because there will be so many new things. Looking back at my new year's goals, I am doing my homework every night and keeping up with my schedule and turning things in on time. I am also pushing my phone away when I get home so I will not get distracted when I study or do homework. This concludes my unit 6 reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment